Popcorn Newsletter 09-14-23
Good evening Popcorn Chairs!
Here are some things that will help you prep for the start of the sale next week.
- The sale starts 9-22 at 5pm. Please make sure ALL of your Scouts and parents know they cannot sell popcorn until then. That includes social media posts, relatives, etc. We have a specific start date/time to allow for every Scout to start at the same time. If you see social media posts before then, please make sure to let them know the sale starts next Friday night. We have received several complaints about Facebook posts of Scouts selling early. Remember, a Scout is Trustworthy!
- Show and Deliver Distribution (almost) Complete. Today, all of the Show and Deliver distribution took place (except the pretzels). If you did NOT pick up your order, please contact Becki on Friday as soon as possible! If your inventory is wrong for any reason, please let us know that as well!
- Storefronts in Trails End. If you have any storefronts scheduled, make SURE they are in the Trail’s End Leader Portal system ASAP. Next week we are sending out a list of storefronts that were used last year that have NOT been reserved for 2023 to allow other units to try out a storefront. If you are having issues with the storefront system, please let us know.
- Make sure your Scouts have the Trail’s End app! Invite all of your new and returning Scouts via the Leader Portal to download the app and be connected to your unit. Its easy to do and helps get everyone involved.
- Have questions? Need help? Confused? No problem. Each Sunday night of the sale, members of our volunteer popcorn committee will be available during a live zoom call to answer your questions. Every Sunday between 7pm-9pm. This week visit the link below to ask questions or get help!
Topic: Sunday Shakedown 9-17-23
Time: Sep 17, 2023 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 841 6533 3931
- Supplies! Supplies available at Scout shops and the pretzel truck.
Laminated Sheets – AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK! Laminated sheets are 1 page sheets with the product mix on one side and information for the Scout on salesmanship on the other to use at Storefronts or door to door. They will be available for pick up at the three Scout shops starting 9/20 and Pretzel truck starting 9/19. Units will be given a pack of 10, 20 or 30 depending on the size of the unit. These are meant to be reusable and shared with all of your Scouts. The file is also on the website that units can download and print off themselves as well.
Take Order Only Units – You can pick up laminated Sheets at the schedule below or at Scout shops next week.
Sales Guides – These are available at all Scout Shops currently and will be on the Pretzel truck as well.
The pretzel truck schedule is below.
- Scout and Parent Videos. We asked some of our top sellers and top seller parents about the popcorn sale and what advice they would give other Scouts and parents. Check it out here: www.buyscoutpopcorn.com Pass them onto your Scouts and families!
Next week: Eagle Scout and KARE11 weather personality Ben Dery will have our first Popcorn Weather report!
That’s all for now! Look for more info as we get closer to the sale. As always, if you have questions, make sure to ask!